Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh Bus – Thai Duong Cambodia bus
There are several options for you to move from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh. You can book a flight or go on a boat, however, the most convenient way is taking a bus.
This article will introduce 3 bus companies that provide the Ho Chi Minh-Phnom Penh itinerary and some useful tips for your comfortable trip.
Key Word : Xe di Campuchia
Overview of Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh Bus
It takes about 5 – 6 hours to travel 280 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh by bus. The bus runs straight ahead without stopping, although the border crossing will take some time.
The bus employees will collect travelers’ passports and do the necessary formalities while you take a quick break or relax in the free zone area. The time to finish the paper depends on the line of queuing.
The bus ticket ranges from US $26 to US $40 (seater bus). Giant Ibis, Mekong Express, and Sorya bus are top recommended for the trip from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh.
All buses (normally 45-seater buses) are equipped with AC and soft seats, and water is always available on the bus. There is always an English-speaking tour guide to support you at any time.
Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh Bus: Schedule & Prices
Most of the buses will run daily from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh with, nearly 20 trips/ days so you can flexibly choose the best schedule for you as below:
|Bus (Direct bus)||Schedule||Ticket price/way|
|Giant Ibis||08:00, 09:45||From US $35|
|Mekong Express||7:00, 8:30, 13:00 (42-seat bus)
6:30, 15:00 (11-seat VIP van)
|From US $14 – 15|
|Sorya||6:30, 7:30, 9:30, 13:30, 15:00||From US $12|
- NOTE: Bus prices could be changed due to an increase in petrol or toll fees without prior notice.
Top 3 Bus Companies for Ho Chi Minh – Phnom Penh Trip
1. Giant Ibis Bus – bus to Cambodia
Giant Ibis bus is famous among bus companies that run from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh. The ticket price is much higher than the other ones but it is worth the money for its services.
- Departure time: 08:00 – 14:30, 09:45 – 16:15
- Duration: 7 hours on average +/- 30 minutes (240 km)
- Pick-up point: Giant Ibis ticket office at Pham Ngu Lao Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- Drop-off point: Giant Ibis Bus Station on Street 106, Sangkat Doun Penh, Khan Doun Penh (Night Market)
- Facilities: Water, cold towels, and pastry from Blue Pumpkin are given to each guest at the beginning of the trip. Moreover, there will be 2 drivers on a bus to prevent driver fatigue and enhance the safety of passengers, which makes Giant Ibis outstanding from the others.
- Tel: +855 96999 3333
Giant Ibis Bus Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
- Guest reviews: Giant Ibis bus received a lot of positive comments from the customers about the attitude of the staff, wifi, cleanliness, or the unexpected free water and snacks. Almost all the guests said they felt comfortable while using the bus.
2. Thai Duong bus Cambodia Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh Bus
Thai Duong Limousine bus is a Cambodian-based company, operating on a daily schedule and connecting major destinations in Cambodia as well as between Cambodia and Vietnam. Thai Duong Limousine keeps promoting its reputation by providing high-quality services.
- Departure time: 6:30, 7:00, 8:30, 13:00, 15:00
- Pick-up point: Thai Duong Bus office, No. 302 Cong Hoa, Tan Binh, Ho Chi Minh City
- Drop-off point: Thai Duong Limousine office, Road 5, Phnom Penh
- Facilities: Thai Duong Limousine uses high-quality buses, which have safe seat belts and large legroom ensuring good naps for customers. AC and water are also available.
- Tel: (+855) 98569108 –
3. Sorya Bus Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh Bus
Sorya bus was founded in 2006 and runs services in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, and Vietnam. Sorya bus provides one of the cheapest options if you would like to travel from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh.
- Departure time: 6:30, 7:30, 9:30, 13:30, 15:00
- Pick-up point: Sorya bus station, No. 301, Pham Ngu Lao Street, Ho Chi Minh City
- Drop-off point: Sorya bus station, Phnom Penh
- Facilities: The bus is equipped with AC and soft seats. The bus staff are well trained and are able to speak both Vietnamese and English so feel free to ask them if you have any questions about the trip to Cambodia or Vietnam.
- Tel: (08) 39 209 438 – (08) 66 701 898
Sorya Bus from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh
Local Tips to Travel from Ho Chi Minh City to Phnom Penh by Bus
- Choose a good travel agency
Booking bus tickets through a trusted travel agency always helps you save money by getting some discounts and extra offers. Also, travel agencies provide useful advice that you can use to plan your trip better. Moreover, they are in charge of the case when there is an unexpected thing on your trip.
- Book in advance
The high-quality bus puts limitations on the number of guests to ensure their services. For example, they only set 28 available tickets on a 35-seater bus or 11 available tickets on a 16-seater van. Therefore, if you decide your plan to travel from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh by bus, you should reserve it as soon as possible in case they are fully booked.
- Keep valuable things with you
There will be many passengers on the bus, therefore, you should leave your important things in a safe place that is within your reach.
- Ask for services at the border gate
The 3 bus companies above always help guests to finish all papers at the border gate. If you choose other buses, you should check whether they can help you finish the border check, because the queue is supposed to be very long on some holidays and the bus staff will finish it quicker than you due to their experience.
- Inform your hotel in Cambodia of your arrival
- Bus to Cambodia from Ho Chi Minh
It is very cheap to travel around by tuk-tuk in Cambodia, however, who knows what will happen on your first experience there. You should message your hotel about your schedule and which bus company you travel with to let them prepare your room well. Besides, many hotels provide pickup services which are recommended to avoid being scammed. Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh Bus
After reading our above travel guides, we hope that you will have a perfect experience when traveling between Ho Chi Minh and Phnom Penh.
If you have any related concerns or want to book a full package of Vietnam & Cambodia tour, immediately send your messages to Thai Duong Cambodia bus to get the best advice from our experienced tour guides!